"O intercâmbio não é um ano na vida; é uma vida num ano"
"Exchange isn't a year in life. It is a life in a year"

quarta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2016

Changing families

Something that  couldn't let aside is one of the most tense, but cool moments of the exchange: changing families. As said before, I only have two host families, opposed to the three that most have, because the other "possible" host families weren't totally able to have me over. But anyways, I love both my host families and maybe having two makes my ties with thm even stronger! 

The beginning of the road I used to live
Lion sculpture at the village's entrance
I've lived on my first host family from 21/08 até 08/01, and the dau I moved was also when 5 months were done! I lived at a farm, 6km/3,7mi north of Billund, and in the morning a 10-min bicycle ride was needed to reach the bus stop, a rather tiring experience but different at the same time, and it helped in waking up :D and as I only live with my mom in Brazil, it was quite amazing for me to live with a couple plus three kids out of their five, where one lives in Aalborg where he goes to uni and the other in New Zealand (!!!), and I tried to help all the time with daily chores and even with the special things that were done there, like stacking firewood for warming up the house, killing chickens, removing hair from pigs and cleaning their spaces (interpret it as you want), and even though all of that sounds a bit weird, it was really great to be a part of that, because I may not be able to do those things back in Brazil!

Now I'm living on a village called Givskud, located halfway between Give (where my Rotary club meets) and Jelling. Givskud has one of the most important zoos of the country, where you can drive in with your car right where the animals are, like a safari, and Jelling is one of the oldest cities in the country, with a church built around 1100. The family is a bit smaller, as it is a couple with three kids, one living at his own home with his wife, one living in Herning, where she goes to uni and the other living together with us. Now there's no need to ride a bike (phew), because the bus stop is only a 4-minute walk away! Another good thing is that my host dad is also my counsellor, so it's easier to talk about technical stuff as he is only some steps away!

But, for sure, the worst part about changing families is that it also means that my exchange is halfway done :/ though it also means that more doors will open to more experiences and I'm looking forward to them :D

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário