"O intercâmbio não é um ano na vida; é uma vida num ano"
"Exchange isn't a year in life. It is a life in a year"

segunda-feira, 5 de outubro de 2015

How school works

Hej, hvordan går det? (Hey, how is it going?)

Today I want to start posting about how is life here for us, exchange students! In this post, I wnat to talk a bit about how's school in here!

I study in Vejle, and my school is called Rosborg Gymnasium og HF; I already talked a bit about it here, but it's been two months so I know it better now ;)

One of the classrooms
To get this started, it is the third largest school of its type in all Denmark, with 1323 students! It's rather impressive to think that it gathers people that have max. 5 years of age difference! The building is also really big: it is divided in 7 blocks, with some 11 classrooms each, and some blocks have special rooms: the 4th has the labs and the 7th, music and other special classes. We have a special gathering every week called "Plenum", where everyone goes to the eating hall, where there's a stage in which some important information may be presented to us, and at the end, a little concert happens, with Danish songs!

Eating room
My class is 2.d, which means that I'm in the second year, on language class! Among the subjects I have are Spanish, English and Danish, and also social sciences, psychology, biology and nature geography. On most classes I try to do something, but when I can't I try to help the others on other stuff!

Some of us!
Most schools here use an online system called Lectio, where the students can see which classes will happen that day, the homework, send and receive important messages.... Way easier and advanced than having to write everything down and then not doing homework or forgetting a book because we didn't write something down! Also, pretty much everything is made on the computer, thus we rarely use pen, paper or pencils.

Here we are 12 exchange students: 8 from Rotary, 3 from AFS and one from YFU. We don't see each other a lot inside the school but we have meetings at Thursdays with our tutors to sole some stuff or just so we can meet!

Lastly, to get here, I need to bike to the bu stop and ride it for half an hour to get there, and that on a temperature that's normally below 10ºC! I may do a post about how are transports in here, when it's ready I'll post the link in here!

I hope it was a good start! Vi ses!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário